Monday, July 03, 2006

Pathetic Fallacy

Maybe it was chance, or its more flamboyant relative destiny...but I laughed too and the mingle and tinkle of blood, rain and laughter- of emotional pain, tears and its subsequent release, brought solace to a storm that cannot be calmed... whose calm lies only in its rage...
If the weather were a mirror of my emotions, it would be a true picture and not just the perception of a viewer. For after all a mirror doesn’t lie. It only shows you what’s in front of it. The distortion lies with the viewer.
My umbrella broke today in the wind and the spoke went into my wrist! (For details refer to
www.insamniac-worldwithoutend.blogspot.com) Laughter was all that bubbled up between Sam and I.
The man dressing my hand, asked me if I wouldn’t scream while he cleaned the wound. I laughed some more. Pain! An elusive concept to me. Yet I felt it. Somewhere in the dim recesses of my unconscious…that numbing emotional pain…forcing me to acknowledge that I am human, I need to cry and want that special someone holding me tight, wiping away the unnecessary tears. I backed down. There was no way I was ready to deal with that pain at that moment.
I smiled and laughed a lot more. Laughter. Helps to deal with so much. My body shakes with it on the outside and quivers on the inside with a different sort of defence mechanism.
The wind howls. The rain pours. The storm rages. The calm lies in the rage. It lies within me. It is me.



*******************
Pas a Pas se va luènh

No comments: