Monday, May 14, 2007

Booked for Life - 3

(My latest journey through the leaves of time took me to Afghanistan. A stark, moving and reality-jolting journey, this book has brought with it strength, pain, a need to bring redemption to a few lives and the thought that I've had one too many books and movies on hurting, trying and road-to-redemption Father-Son relationship tales brought to my doorstep, barge in without knocking and seat themselves on my pillow; their gaze piercing, till I give them my undivided attention. This was one of those; as the Goo Goo Dolls would say, 'You can't stop the tears that ain't coming' kinda journey.)

The Kite Runner
Khaled Hosseini

Some day we shall know the truth of a circumstance, a situation, or sometimes of our very own behaviour and this truth will make us mad. But now this mad has to become constructive. No feeling or emotion is right or wrong. It is how you act upon it that is. It is human tendency to react. But it is also human responsibility to rise above and convert reaction to action.

Pas a Pas se va luènh

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Zahir

The madness is the passion to be one wih life. It is the realisation that we love living every moment of it. And through joy and sorrow, we will remain steadfast in this resolution.

Regards