Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Booked for Life

Every book to me is a journey I have undertaken. An adventure, a treasure hunt, a slice of life, an exploration of self. I may not have physically travelled the world but I feel like I’ve been to so many places. Some creations of the mind, others that exist in reality. On one of my many visits to Planet M, my friendly neighbourhood music man gave me a map to an adventure that will forever be undertaken by me, no matter how often the hands of time turn around. Here is the treasure I found on this exploration.

Bono in Conversation with Michka Assayas

Zahir's Log: April 2007:
I’ve been wounded, jaded, hurt, and hated. But most of all loved. So I locked myself away in my ivory tower. In the forsaken wilderness that I had made mine, the love and life I had to continue living and offering found me in the form of a book. This one.
Through the tumultuous array of conversations between Michka and Bono, I discovered my elusive truth. A deeper understanding into the men I love and who, more importantly; love me. I make no qualms that this has been one uncomfortable, questioning, thought provoking, to-hell-with-my-pride-let-it-fall-like-rain-from-my-eyes, kind of journey. As Bono signs off before he’s ‘gotta run’; “A life unquestioned is not one you should envy.”
I took my first steps down the west wall of my ivory tower with Bono and Michka on either side of me, holding my hands. The earth has turned away from the sun. My journey continues…

Pas a Pas se va luènh

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A man builds a city
with banks and cathedrals
A man melts the sand so he can
see the world outside…
- ‘Lemon’ from U2 album Zooropa

Dear Zahir

You need the journey to justify a life. Because as long as you have desire you are inclined to strive, seek and achieve... Each in his own unique way. Why else would there have been this blog? And why else would there have been a response?

Regards

Manish